Monday 10 December 2012

Liebster Award

My blog has been nominated by Ashley from Printable Wisdom for Liebster Award, thanks Ashley =D This is the first time I heard of this award (I'm fairly new to the world of blogging). So, I did some digging. I know Liebster is a German word and means like or something, so I searched on Google Translate just to be sure, turned out the direct translation is "dearest". Close enough, LOL.

I'm not really sure how the whole award thing started, it seems impossible to look for the original post. Trust me, I've tried, it's like searching for a specific comma in the sea of blogs. Anyway, there are bloggers nominating other bloggers with 200 or less followers, then the nominated ones will have to follow the rules (see below) and nominate another 11 bloggers. It's like a tag game on the internet and blogging world, sounds fun to me =D 

Rules for Nominees:
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.

11 Facts About Me:
1. I'm a Malaysian Chinese residing in Singapore.
2. I love to eat!
3. I'm petite (5'2")
4. Mandarin is my mother tongue, English is my international language, Malay is my national language and I speak Cantonese (dialect from father) and Hakka (dialect from mother).
5. I have a degree in Civil Engineering.
6. I'm nerdy (duh!).
7. I love shooting photos but not being shot at.
8. I love listening to the thunder.
9. I'm allergic to beef.
10. I'm not a girly girl.
11. I love white.

Questions from Ashley (Printable Wisdom):
1. Where do you find inspiration for your blog?
Everyday life, craft projects and beautiful things from other bloggers.
2. Where do you live?
Singapore.
3. Do you have any pets?
I have a Lab back in my hometown under my parents' care.
This is her most recent photo.
  4. What book are you reading right now? 
5. What is your favorite movie?
Lord of the Ring! Can't wait to watch the Hobbits now =)
6. What is your favorite thing to do in your hometown/city?
EAT! There are lots of good food back in my hometown in Malaysia, Ipoh (pronounced as yee-poh but you can call it iPoh if you want, LOL)
one of my favorite - chicken noodle and bean sprout
   7. What is your favorite hobby?
Paper crafting! Isn't it obvious..? =D
8. Who is your biggest hero?
My parents.
9. What is your biggest accomplishment?
Having a business that pays the bill and food WILL be my biggest accomplishment =)
10. What can you absolutely not leave the house without?
A pen and a small sketchbook other than my keys, purse and phone.
My pen and mini sketch book - my first handmade book with felt cover, the thread was shorted than expected hence the unfinished stitches.. LOL
   11. What is your favorite day of the week?
Saturday (1500 - 2359) and Sunday (0000 - 1459) because half of the Saturday is still a working day (you are lucky if it's not a full working day) and it's pre-Monday mood during the Sunday evening.

And The New Nominees (in Alphabetic Order): 
Around Perranuthnoe and West Cornwall
Beautylicious
Be(r)ta Sem Marca
Creative Awakening 
Free Spirit Designs
Honestly, Debra
Marin Handmade
Nisey Knits 
Our Crafternoon
Pia Drent
Sidonie Yang

11 Questions for My Nominees:
1.   What/ who inspired you to start blogging?
2. What's your favorite color?
3. What's your favorite holiday?
4. What do you do for a living?
5. What is your hobby?
6. If you could have anything as a pet, what would it be?
7. What TV drama are you watching now?
8. Do you have a vision of your dream wedding? How is it like?
9. Where have you been for vacation?
   10. Where are you from and what's best in your area? (Food, travel spot, anything)
11.  A psycho killer kidnapped a couple and made them play rock, paper, scissors. The winner will be cut loose and the loser dies. The couple managed to communicate, somehow, and decided that they both play rock, causing a draw. However, when the game started, the boyfriend played scissors and the girlfriend played paper. The girlfriend lost (to the boyfriend and the boyfriend got cut loose as promised by the psyho). What comes to your mind about the game? There's is no wrong or correct answer =) (I assumed the RPS rules are the same around the globe - scissors cut paper, paper wraps rock, rock blunts scissors.)

5 comments:

  1. Great post! How amazing to speak so many languages! I would love that :)

    Thank you very much for nominating my blog for the award, it is much appreciated! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words ^^ And you're welcome, your blog deserves the nomination =)

      Delete
  2. Allergic to beef? I've not heard of that before. Sorry about that!
    Jamie
    http://chatterblossom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, consuming it gives me terrible rashes, it won't kill me, though =)

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your award! I just stopped in from Etsy Success team, and I am now a follower.
    http://mytaylormade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete